1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge for mvp

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by POWERSTROKE 350, Oct 2, 2008.

1. POWERSTROKE 350

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

i recently purchased a truck and it came with a uni-mount mvp. i am in the process of redoing the plow and i need a cutting edge. maybe i am looking at the site wrong, but why is the cutting edge about $130 per side?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thank the inflation of steel prices..

$135 per side isn't expensive now. A pair of cutting edges for many of the V's are nearly $400 these days. :realmad:

3. POWERSTROKE 350

i think that is such b/s since a cutting edge for a standard plow is at most $200. in my opinion basically the same thing just cut in half for a vee. i know it is not quite that simple, but you know what i mean

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just have to chock it up to the same old addage "You wanna play, you gotta pay". :cry:

5. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

6. POWERSTROKE 350

B&B- i completely understand. like i said i am new to vee-plows as these one came as a bonus with the truck, usually use a straight blade. i was just putting my feelers out there and making sure i was reading correctly, and vetning a little at the same time. i work at a gas turbine shop where we have plenty of steel and milling machines, so i will just take my time and make my own cutting edge.

nobletousha13- it probably is not, but do you know it that is for a full cutting edge, or just one side?

Thanks guys,
    Riley

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wishful thinking Riley, yes thats just for one. :)