1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cutting edge for 9.5 MVP V-Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tilawn, Feb 6, 2010.

1. tilawn

tilawn Member

I have a few questions on these cutting edges

1) Has anybody had these made at your local metal shop?
    2) If yes on No.1 question how tall is the cutting edge?
    (I am geussing 6 inches)
    3) How hard would it be to make the inside pieces for a V-Plow?
    4) Is there any place I can buy these otherwise less than $500.00
    (this is what my local Western dealer has them listed as)

Thanks for any info in advance

2. redplow

redplow Member

I just purchased a 8.6 western mvp plus blade from central parts warehouse for around $ 288. It arrived in 3 days. In my opinion it is much easier to purchase the blade instead of making it. It also comes with everything you need ,blade for each side, 2 center sections, and bolts.

3. tilawn

tilawn Member

I priced them thru there and it is like about 460.00 with shipping for a 9.6. on the set you ordered werre they6 inches tall? I actually have a metal fabricator that can make them for a whole lot cheaper but I need to know how tall they were originally. Im guessing 6 inches since I think that is what my other plows are.
    thank You

4. gib

gib Junior Member
    from omaha

two weeks ago ordered cutting edge, center rubber piece, brackets, and bolts for $229 delivered from Angelo's for an 8.6 and they are 6 inches tall. If I rember, the edges were $78 for the PAIR

5. redplow

redplow Member