1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge cost?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by starspangled6.0, Dec 17, 2013.

1. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

All these light snowfalls here in MN are burning through our cutting edges... time to replace the edge on the Hiniker. I got a quote from the dealer- they want roughly $475 with tax for 2 new edges, installation hardware, 2 curb guards, 2 wear bars, and the left\right center plates. Is this a reasonable price? I'll be doing the install myself... any chance one of our vendors can beat that price? I looked for stuff on ebay but to no avail.

8 1/2 V PLOW
    25012420 cutting edge (2) $121.75 ea.
    25012310 r.h. center plate $31.24
    25012311 l.h. center plate $31.24
    950-007-002 bolts for center plates (4) $1.30 ea.
    8 cutting edge bolts (12) $1.50 ea.
    25011695 curb guard w/wear pad. set. $129.00
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Always check around...unless the dealer is your brother...
  3. starspangled6.0

They're the only Hiniker dealer in my area :(
  4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Do you know anyone with a plasma cutter..? You could make your own, it's not too hard.
  5. starspangled6.0

Nope. I've done some cutting \welding before but this is out of my league.
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Western isn't cheap either I been making my 9.6 V plow edges since it was new I build them for less then half what a OEM edge cost Sure I don't make the center but no big deal to run a chunk of rubber for the center
    All you need is a drill press 3/4 bit, air impact , hand grinder with cut off blade.
    I use 8''x5/8 steel and I add a foot on the ends to slow wear down
    Last one I got 2 winters out of it. My first OEM didn't last all winter.
  7. D2 Cat

D2 Cat Junior Member

I got a couple of wore out maintainer blades from the county. Took my wore out edge off and used it as a pattern for the holes. Burnt holes and bolted it on. Time it took to go get the iron and get it ready and install was less time it would take me to drive to dealer and back home! It's 5/8" thick, made of hard steel and will outlast 5 factory edges.
  8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Call H&L in Blaine. 763-783-1552. They make them and stock some as well. I just ordered a 5/8" thick 8" tall for my 9' trip edge. Prices are a little cheaper and they will do any thickness you want. They also do curb guards but those I think are the same price as the dealer.

They make them for any plow.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  9. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

Price for the Hiniker 8 ft scoop plow runs 180 without bolt kit. I replace my cutting edges every 2 yrs with out bolt kit