1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge cost

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by jrjr2u, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

I am looking for a new cutting edge for my home-pro. Anyone know how much they cost? Its 1" x 6" I believe and its poly not steel.

2. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

What a dork :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Call the shop guy... right back at ya

3. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Excuse me?

4. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

Just figured I'd scan through posts calling people dorks instead of giving advice...just like you do :gunsfiring::eek:

5. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

6. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

Ok got ya.. didn't look to be that way. Saw it as you making fun of me and dodge for talking about the amount of snow we had been getting locally. In that case no harm done and sorry for my post here. :salute:

As for you question then... I believe the steel edges are around $100 for the 7.5ft. Don't know much about the poly blades but would imagine that they would run a little bit cheaper do to the material cost being less. I think i saw the price online once but don't remember what it was. Maybe $76. Either way a quick call to a local curtis shop would get you the most accurate price as it could vary for different locations. Part # should be 1TBP49K for the 7.5ft on the Home-Pro. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

No harm done. mostly my corners are worn down.... I was thinking about cutting it in half and putting the current 'corners' together in the middle to get some more life out of it. hmmmm will have to think about that.

Thanks

8. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

hey how's the other side of it. not sure about the poly blades but the steel ones can be flipped. so you get 2 cutting edges out of every blade. plan on flipping mine this summer due to rounded edges as well. basically if the bolts are centered top to bottom on the blade you can flip it to use the top edge. just a thought

9. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Yep it's been flipped once. I was also thinking about drilling new holes toward an edge to lower it.. anything to save a buck :dizzy:

10. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

I would imagine that the old holes would then cause a weak point which under a hard trip could possibly break the blade. Worst case scenerio if its just the edges your worried about and you still have a good amount of blade left in the middle before riding on the mold board; just wear the center down til its flat again.

Basically the ends wear faster from dropping the blade while its angled and the truck is moving. Doing so, the sides always start dragging before the rest of the plow and therefore wear down faster. Just gotta drive around with the blade down while centered. Sounds stupid and on lookers will think the same but it'll work. Actually seen it done on a steel blade but a poly should take even less time. The guy basically just drove up and down the same street with the blade down for about 20 passes. Had me wondering til i noticed he was keeping the blade straight. Just make sure you use a flat newly paved road so it wears even. Before you know it the blade will be flat again at the expense of about an inch worth from the center. This works well after installing a new blade to wear it in to the actual attack angle of the plow for that specific truck..

Either that or try plowing a few storms without angling the blade that much when doing long passes. or angle the blade and drop it before you start driving on each pass. Eventually it'll wear itself back even. Just some ideas.

11. jrjr2u

jrjr2u Senior Member

Yea good point, that might weaken it. Guess I shouldn't try that until I have a new one here ready to go on. I couldn't find that part number anywhere with a price from doing a Google search. Got a link to where you saw them for sale? I will call the local dealer today but I don't think they will stock them so I will have to order one probably. Oh, and thanks for the help!

12. MadLion90

MadLion90 Member

Unfortunitly it was a while back when i was searching for a price on mine. It is nearly impossible to find prices for any curtis parts online. Here is a link i happen to find which is useless for ordering just has prices of a bunch of Curtis parts : http://www.prestosell.com/cgi-bin/order.pl?ref=rdsamerica.com&fm=1 You can find the parts diagrams for the whole plow at curtiscabs.com in the Parts Lookup section.