1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge bolts loose on MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stcroixjoe, Mar 4, 2008.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Is this a common problem? I was washing my truck and I noticed ALL of my cutting edge bolts were loose I retighten them all Just wondering

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhat common to any plow. Proper torque and the occasional recheck is a good practice for any plow.

3. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have a straight blade, but noticed they all loosen up more that I have put the back drag blade on. More of a vibration now going backwards. Lost 2 of them last time out and the rest were almost out as well....:eek: I keep an extra package of bolts, nuts and washers in the truck just incase.

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I've lost the same bolt 3 times. Then when I put my curb guards on those bolts came loose too.

Easy fix with a 3/4 breaker bar and a cheater bar....and somebody pretty stout holding the wrench. But I don't endorse using tools as they weren't meant to be.