1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting edge bolt ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Seaway25, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I just bought a new cutting edge for my Fisher straight blade. There are square holes on the edge and round on the plow. The bolts they gave me at the dealer have a square shoulder which makes sense, but they are smaller than the holes on the edge. They can spin right around so I won't be able to tighten them. Do I have the wrong bolts? They came right from a Fisher dealer in a bag. I think the part number on the bag is 6600

2. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Never mind. I just found the part numbers. I have 1/2" bolts and I must need 5/8" part number 6601. It sucks though because my dealer is a half hour drive to go get the right ones.

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Why don't you just go to the hardware store and buy some bolts?

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I had the same thing happen to me, they gave me the wrong damn bag. I just went to Napa and got some 5/8 11 x 2 carriage bolts.

5. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

I know I can go buy some other bolts. It's not a big deal. Just annoying.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I feel ya. I get wound right about stuff like that when it happens to me. Doesn't matter if it's a store, restaurant, or some venue. I have anger issues with stupidity & service when I am the one paying. It's the small things that get to me, not the big ones.