1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service, Dec 30, 2009.

1. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

On one of my trucks have 7.6 straight blade...This is my 4th season with it i bought it new and it been used alot...It does not clean like it use to...On the cutting blade can i flip it over and use the other side or will i have to get a new one....Thanks for the help on this..

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

blade

what blade do you have cant tell buy your avatar ,but it should be a top punch edge so new edge time if the cutting performance is down .they are new 6" wide .ussmileyflag

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

4 seasons on 1 cutting edge? WOW
    Replace it, it should cost somewhere around $130

4. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

Still need the help here yes a can flip it or buy a new one?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It just sounds worn out. Not so much flipping it ,you may need to cut new holes in it to lower the edge closer to the ground.

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

You will have to buy a new one as the holes are too close to the other edge and will not provide any moldboard protection if flipped over. Do not let your cutting edge wear down to the point where your moldboard is wearing away with it.