1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cutris Tractor Plow

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by DeereFarmer, Feb 4, 2007.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I finally got to use my Curtis plow on my tractor this weekend. All I can say is wow! Part of it is the green machine that is pushing, but the other part is that this Curtis plow is sweet. It is so easy to hook up, easy to use, and does a great job. I plowed 1.5ish miles of gravel roads and there is not a scratch on the plow. I like the full trip. I am very satisfied and would recommend it to anyone.

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Throw a 9 on the f 250

3. dbreault

dbreault Member

..............oh yeah 8 1/2 or 9ft, Curtis! ;)

4. DeereFarmer

Someday boys, someday.

5. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

Hey, I have a curtis on my JD gator and it works ok. The curtis cab is another story:angry:
    I'm trying Blackline on my new utility vehicle,it has power angle and down pressure:nod: . All the best on the tractor. LONG LIVE THE PLOW

6. dbreault

dbreault Member

What are the cab problems? :confused:

7. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

I bought the cab in nov. of 05 and it worked great for about a month. first, the gasket around the windshield started leaking, then the rear window fell off, and if that's not enough, the gasket between the gator and cab is flaking apart now.:yow!:
    Oh, and by the way one week after warranty the door latch broke, $200+payup ,
    they did replace it though(thank you Curtis). ;) I take good care of all my equipment, so the new RUST spots are puzzling. The plow was not as bad as that , it did bend and the mount broke two or three times but since I weld it was not a big deal.:nod:
    (see pix of gator on the truck and equipment thread)

8. DeereFarmer

Man I love my set up. It worked so well in the last storm. I love how local Curtis is to me as well. You have a customer for life!

1.JPG

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Nice JD. I have a 4410 with a 59"snowblower and a JD plowblade that I use on the college campus sidewalks. I am taking a wild stab that yours came from Padula Bro.

10. DeereFarmer

How does the snowblower work? I thought about getting one, but with over a mile of a gravel driveway and parking lot I said the plow was probably a little easier. I actually got the whole set up new from Powder Mill John Deere in Maynard. Larry over there is great. He is a family friend. I've been to Padula once, but don't tell him lol@:D

11. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

The blower works great. I can cut back all the walks after a storm which is real nice. For a homeowner the blower is great but for commercial work it could have been manufactured out of thicker steel so the ends don't bend as easy. I have a proposal in for a Bobcat Toolcat with a snowblower to eventually take over the walks that this JD does and this will go to the small walks around campus. You can see my machine in this thread.

http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=187882&postcount=12

12. DeereFarmer

That is a great setup. My town has one just like it (down to the cab and lights on the cab) to clear the sidewalks. It does a nice job.