1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

customer's starting to complain???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Mar 3, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Is anyone else's customers starting to complain about invoices?? Seems that alway around end of winter that customers start getting tired of the snow removal invoices and start bi*ching about any little thing. One time they complain because you haven't cleaned the 1" of snow off of parking lot next time they ask why you plowed it. Go figure. I am really disgusted this week with the complaints. The service has not changed from the begining of the year till now. It just seems like after we had a few weeks where the weather was warm people are starting to think spring and BAMMMM more snow. So who do these spring wanting people take it out on, but the plow guy. Sorry just had to get some venting out. Any one else noticing alot of customers complaining towards the end of the season???? :drinkup:

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I had one customer change her mind 4 times in one storm wether she wanted to have me plow or not, it ended up she told me not to plow and she also told me that I should learn how to plow again.

3. Leethehandyman

Leethehandyman Junior Member

ha ha ha

Hi Steve...Welcome to the business!!!! I have been plowing for twenty years this year and it hasn't changed. That is the same cycle you will get every year.It never changes. If you like the customer and they have been good to you over the years or the season, hold their hand a bit. Give them a little extra to tide them over. There is always something you can do that won't cost you much,think hard you'll come up with something. Shovel out a walk or a dumpster or do a little extra touch-up and be sure to let them know it on the house. They'll be luvin' you again. Remember the old addage "if you don't take care of the customer, someone else will!!!" If you have been in the business long you will know that finding new customers is far more expensive than pampering the ones you have. Good luck....Lee :waving:

4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

thanks for the reply's!

5. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Yeah i have some baaaaaaaad customers. When we had the 30 inches last month i charged a customer double(even though i went there 3 times) and she sent me a check for 1 plow , I called her and she said the OTHER guy never charged her double, I just said when was the last time it snowed 30 inches?.also find another guy.. :waving: