1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer wants full sevice at half price.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by B-2 Lawncare, Feb 11, 2012.

1. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare Senior Member

Man I am mad, The customer is the post office. We got dumped on the other day, when we were out the post master came out and asked if we could only show up if we get 2" or more. I asked if she just meant the parking lot? not a big deal if it is. or is this the hole place. she said the hole place. We had been keeping the place plowed no mater how much snow there was. Now the shovel crew is having to work twice as hard, there are a lot of shoveling.
    I told her you call me when we have 2". witch she didn't like, then I also said that it would no longer be done be four five am. she tried to make feel bad by telling me how broke the UPS is. I then asked if it was fair to change it up after three years. I told her that if I would have know that she was going to pull this crap on us I would have dropped them and gone after other work.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't you have a seasonal for it? Is it a Post office ?

3. B-2 Lawncare

yep and yep but hey have the upper hand, its based on a per push charge. there had never been an issue with them. They have all ways been cool with us and me with them.

4. grandview

If your seasonal why is she concerned on when you show up they pay the same amount each month.Or are you doing additional billing for something.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Stick to your signed contract that is active word for word.
    Inform her that if they wish to change now you must rework numbers and have a new contract signed. If you deviate from what is in place now and someone falls or slides their car into the building because of ice, YOU will be accountable.

6. grandview

I think you need to break it down more for us. I do a branch on and off,Seasonal price.The only thing they ask me if I want it in 2 payments or 3.

7. B-2 Lawncare

We service them year round and have a per push charge for snow and a weekly mowing charge. The mowing is weekly because they don't have a sprinkler system and about July it drys up and there is no need to mow. when we got this account the full time janitor who took care of ever thing. they are looking at it from the stand point of paying for what they need. This was my first commercial account and the contract is not something that I would agree to today. My bad for not changing the contract, but it been good up till now.

8. grandview

So then your per push on it ,not seasonal.Next season sell a seasonal price on it.Then tell her she won't have to worry how many times you plow.

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Not sure I understand the OP, how do they have the upper hand? YOU'RE the contractor. I am assuming they signed your contract, so how in gods green earth do they have upper hand? Is your wording in the contract that elementary that you screwed yourself? I'm guessing there is no contract.

10. B-2 Lawncare

Not sure we are even going to try to retain this contract next year, we can make more money else where. Thanks for listing to my rant

11. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sounds like someone was plowing and charging a little erroneously.

12. B-2 Lawncare

There is a three year old contract, and yes it is that elementary. And yes I screwed my self.

13. B-2 Lawncare

Why is there all ways some jerk? um that would be YOU

14. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sticks and stones my friend, why else would they want you to only plow at 2" ? Sorry but I didn't resort to name calling, grow up

15. B-2 Lawncare

yep and you have a great day.

16. grandview

If your not going to try and renew this place is it close by for me to bid it/

17. NickT

NickT Senior Member

...And the vultures are circling :)

18. grandview

At least I asked first:)

19. B-2 Lawncare

come and get it.

20. greg8872

greg8872 Member

Put it in terms she can understand:

"I mail out invoices to customers several times a week, you charge me $.45 a letter. I want you to only pick them up once there are 10 invoices in my mailbox. I won't tell you when I have that many, you need to check. Oh, and I want to pay $.45 for that ONE pickup"