1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Says It Was Not Done

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RICHIE K, Jan 27, 2005.

1. RICHIE K

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

THIS PAST STORM 16+" I HAVE 1 CUSTOMER SAYS I NEVER DID THE SNOW ANY STORMS THAT ARE OVER 12" WE GO A FEW TIMES. I WENT TO THE HOUSE WHEN THER WAS 8" THEN WENT BACK LATER WHEN STORM WAS ALMOST DONE , BUT WHEN I GOT THERE IT WAS ALL DONE. NOW CUSTOMER SAY I WAS NEVER THERE. I WOULD LIKE TO GET THE MONEY FOR THE FIRST TIME. WHAT SHOULD I DO.. :angry:

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com purplebou

2. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Get a blower and put the 8" back in his driveway. Your likely SOL. You could pour some round up in to ice cube trays freeze it then throw it on his lawn. J.J. sorry to hear about that. Remember what comes around goes around.

3. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

i would do what I am doing with one of my customers. Get whatever he or she gives you and let him or her go. If this customer doesn't trust your word it is not worth it. you will end up having more trouble in the future.

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

How much money are we talking? If its worth your time then send her a certified letter with bill saying you have XX amount of days to pay or you will be forced to take her to small claims court and stick to it. This sort of practice is call theft of services and you are not screwed. The customer will be responsible for any court costs, which should be minimal at best.

5. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

What type of contract did you have? or did you? No contract your SOL. Also do you keep a plow log? We keep a record of each property as they are done. Also on the sheet, I have listed the time in / out, weather conditions, type of work performed etc...
    If you did have a contract and kept a record like this, all you would have to do is enclose a copy of you plow log showing exactly when you were there. Bill

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't recomend this sort of practice. You could end up paying them instead or arrested.

7. durchins

durchins Member

Does Round up freeze? :nono:

8. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Round up LOL
    Great idea for the summer, but what about water on the driveway.
    Makes a nice sheet of ice.
    Funny story about 2 years ago I saw some guys lawn with "Round Up Writing"
    it said A**hole doesn't pay his bills.
    The guy had the nerve to flag me down as I was passing one day and ask me if I could cut his lawn? Yeah Right I said :waving: and bye bye I left.

Jason

9. martyman

martyman Senior Member

round-up in ice cubes LOL that's a little too diabolical

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you plowed 8" once there has to be some sort of pile some where. Ask them where they think it came from. If they still don't pay you, next 6" snow storm go and clean the road into their drive. That won't get you paid but might make you fell better. I wouldn't go nuts but just enough.

11. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

I have a property I actually own (3 family) that has a tenant I inherited when I bought the place last year (2 year lease) Guy has bounced numerous checks on me, and I now collect rent weekly in cash instead of monthly so I dont get stuck with him. The driveway is a 2 car width halfway through the lot, and then turns to 1 car and swoops to a 90 degree turn out to the other road. Main part is on a busy main roadway. After numerous conversations on where to park the cars in a snow event, he still leaves his car right in the middle of the drive almost onto the shoulder of the road at the main entrance, cant get in or out on that end with my truck without the plow, forget it with a plow. We got 13" sunday/monday, and I was in a bad mood to start. I knocked on the door when I pulled in from the back, noone home. Cleaned what I could to the other entrance, and came back 12 hrs. later around 10pm. No answer, cleaned again, and came back next morning, 7 more inches fell. Still not home, and I was real tired after an allnighter. I had my shoveler start covering the car, and I grabbed snow off the roads even to bring it onto my lot to cover this thing. When all was said and done, a newer Altima had only a side mirror hanging out and couldnt see nothing else. Wouldnt you know it, the next moring around 7am I got a call from him (onto the voicemail, didnt answer) asking if I was around to HELP him uncover his car because the town trucks threw so much snow they buried his car. He claims he didnt realize how far out he was parked and didnt come home to move due to unpassable roads. I guarantee you next storm his car will be in the same spot, and I will have to do the same thing, people just are the way they are, cant change them or knock sense into them.......

12. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. I've had people pull that trick as well. If you have the time then pursue it with a cert. lettered as one of the other posters suggested.
    If not, just write it off and dump the jerk. Some people will pull all sorts of cheap stunts to get out of paying. I'd definitely dump him whether I got my $$ or not. He's trouble. G'luck!

13. CHPL

CHPL Member

I take my digital camera with me and snap shots every time i am at a property with the time and date stamped on every shot. I shut one customer up real fast when i showed him.

14. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

I say again....Driveways....YAK !!!! :cry: