1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

customer relations

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Bad Bob, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob Junior Member
    from zone 5

We do mostly residential snow removal. I have one customer that we did yesterday. We also picked up her neighbor. We use an atv with blade and a snowblower. Usually my partner and I do her property together but since we picked up the neighbor, I do one and she does the other. The first customer called today that we didn't get a sidewalk between her house and some ornamental grass. I did run the snow blower through there but didn't follow up with the shovel. I apologized to the customer and she wasn't mad. She just wanted to make sure I got it next time. Now my partner informs me that she did follow up in there with a shovel. Apparently the wind blew some snow back in there. She wants me to call the customer to inform her that it was done. I just find it easier to let it go and let the customer think she was right. This is a good customer. She always pays on time and never complains about the price. She does expect excellent work though for the money though and gives us lots of side jobs. She also said not to worry about doing a return to touch it up. Just get it next time. Any opinions?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You have the right idea. Just let it go and continue on with the season. If you get in a pissing match you risk losing the customer which is what we all try to avoid.