1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Letter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Nov 12, 2011.

I was wondering if any one had a copy or could help out on how to write a letter to a customer that we can not service this winter. a We are sorry we can not be your snow service provider this year. Thanks in advance for any help or input.
  2. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

quickbooks has some mint letters in it, letters fdor demanding your money, pissed off letter because its been since the last snow season and you havent gotten paid, they may have a letter that says f you we wont work now
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Phone call.
  4. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

You are over thinking this.

"dear sir/madam,

We regretfully inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide snow removal services for you this season. Thank you for your past business with x company. Best of luck finding a new service provider.

Sincerely ________________"

Thats all it takes.

If you know some one else that will do them right that you can recommend to help them it would be courteous of you to include that info.
  5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I agree with this option. This is what you would want if they were dropping you.
  6. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

How about
    Dear sir, I went to plow site to ask how to fire you and they told me a bunch of different ways and i couldnt decide so bye.
  7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Thumbs Up Very Nice!
  8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

X2, Had to let go a customer several years ago, I just didnt have room for them that year. Only other thing i can think of is if they prepaid anything (like a resi seasonal), you will have to write a check back to them
  9. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

First off. You should of let them know a long time ago. It's mid November and now they have to find someone else to plow for them. I'd be pissed.
    Secondly. Just call them first thing in the morning and let them know your not servicing their area anymore or you are doing more commercial than resi this year.
    Then your done with it and move on.
    Sitting down and writing a letter then mailing it out is a waste of time.
    Ps. If and when you call them. Be prepared to pass on a referral or recommendation of someone that can plow for them. Everytime I've let someone go, they always ask if I know anyone that can do it.
  10. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I didn't see this Til after I posted. That's some funny sh!t right there.
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a phone app for this stuff yet?
  12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

How about a rap jingle when they answer..." I'm just callin' to let ya know, I can no longa do your F'in snow, so in other words B!tch you gosta go! " Click.
  13. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I had one residential call the other day, she is an old lady calls allmthe time last season her neighbor called & said we charged her to much (of course he now has a truck with a plow), somi didnt send out a renewal. She was calling because we had not sent her contract out to her, I politely explained I didn't think she was happy with our service, reminded her of the calls, she seemed surprised I would think that, then she asked if I could send out a contract, I politely told her we were full, not really, but I didn't know how else to say your a PITA & not worth the money. There are some people that are never happy and chronically complain, you need to remember that, weed them out, & replace. We only get calls from a few sites of all the ones we do, those few sites result in most of the calls.
  14. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Yup, it's what we call the 25/75 rule. Only 25% of people account for 75% of the problems.
  15. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a contract in place, honor it, if its a verbal thing, and you haven't heard from them, maybe they dont want you back.

What is your reason for not wanting to service it? If they are a p,i.t.a, or bad payer, why even bother? If its a good paying account, maybe sub someone else to do it?