1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer Driveway Stakes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Jan 31, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! Today I got a few checks from my customers. I opened up one of them and I noticed that he had deducted the cost of 3 stakes from the fee of what I charge him for his driveway. Has this happened to anyone? When I met with this customer in the fall, I requested that he pull of the stakes out so that I could just get into the driveway with the plow on and he did not. I did not purposely take these stakes down. Thank You
  2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I would tell him its not your fault and he needs to pay you. If its only $5 then bite the charge because you will make more off him.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would send a bill for equal amount for touch up paint.
  4. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

Three stakes, you're out?

Well, I guess it depends on the customer and the contract you have with them. If you don't have one, you can always raise the price of future pushes. Or you can suck it up, and chalk it up to a lesson learned. This is the same guy who will charge you for grass seed in the summer becuase there is a small spot of pushed up / ripped up lawn. If he's too much of a PITA then say bye bye at the end of the season.
  5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Well I got in touch with the customer, I expalained to him and he is going to send me the balance what he owes me. He just asked that I NOT take down anymore for the rest of the season.
  6. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

LOL, did you tell him watch how many I can get when I'm actually tryin?
    Perhaps he should try to pull them out if he wants to preserve the stakes, tell him you have a stake puller for rent @ 2.50 a stake....
  7. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

I stake all residential myself as I know where I would want to push snow. All the stakes are mine so if I run one down it's no big deal. Some customers keep the stakes for their garden or what have you , so I keep track and charge them $2 each stake.