1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer / Client Terminology

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dakotaskustoms, Feb 5, 2012.

?

What do you call them?

1. Customers

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. Clients

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Others

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. dakotaskustoms

dakotaskustoms Senior Member

What do you call them? Customers or Clients?

2. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

I use client for the simple reason I have a few accounts that are more then snow removal they are year round contracts. I think of a customer as a one time deal. If i got flagged down to do a drive or a lot i would consider them a customer. Client to me seems like more of a long term deal. JMO

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I dont agree with country boy, I think the opposite. I call them customers cause I think of customers being cared for more then clients, if that makes sense. In other words, I look at customers as being a bigger part of business then being "just a client." I think of the term "client" as more of a legal/official term. Like in a court,doctor, dentist ect. JMO

For day to day, paperwork, general naming I use the term Customer.

4. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have been known to call them ******g ******es

5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I agree, To me a customer is someone I deal with all the time if I see them in the store or gas station I say hi to a client is not as personal.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I call them both.