1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Customer "broker"?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Kent Lawn Care, Dec 20, 2003.

1. the subject line wasnt to thrilling.

but anyways, has anyone heard of people/companies that you can hire to get the contracts for you? im hoping not one that just low-ball everyone to just get the accounts, but like a service where a commercial account calls in and you call you "broker" i guess you would call em, and they do the estimate for you, or they are the ones that go door to door trying to get business, and work off a commision? just curious, and im sorry if im beating a dead horse!

Phil

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  2. rainair

rainair Senior Member

broker

I have 1 guy on comm. he is also one of my plow/salt truck drivers
    but a broker type I would have to think about that one. jm2c

3. well, i dont know if youd even call em a broker, just someone that works off commision to get you the accounts. just didnt know the word im looking for :rolleyes:

4. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

The work I think your looking for is salesman.

Sounds funny doesn't it.

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

In Philadelphia, most giant lawn care companies sell every account they can and then sub out the work. I have been contacted by subs who offer me all the work I can handle but have never taken them up on it.

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

There used to be a guy in the Cols Ohio area, that was a major player in the landscaping business. Not the 1st piece of equipement to his name, strictly sub'd everything out, just took his cut and ran.

7. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Maybe he earned his money. I have had the same 3 commercial clients for 14 years. The positives are: I have grown with my clients, I always get paid, successfull comfort zone. Negatives are: Higher gross profit with greater risk.