1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Whelen Patriot

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wolfmobile8, Dec 18, 2012.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

It finally came today. I had a whelen patriot custom made. I hade the frame cut down to 44" and it has 8 strobes and 4 leds with amber and clear lenses and clear endcaps. I will take more pics once it's mounted on my truck and a vid aswell.

lightbar 2 (600x450).jpg

lightbar3 (600x450).jpg

2. extremepusher

extremepusher Senior Member
    from west mi

can't wait to see pic's. How did the custom work for you?

3. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Um that looks too short to be a patriot looks more like a Liberty to me.........

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Liberty and patriot are essentially the same bar just different name and no strobes in a liberty.

5. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

ooops I was thinking of the Ultra Freedoms LOL

6. wolfmobile8

Found the guy on ebay.
    Yea the liberty and patriot are on the same frame but the patriot had strobes and the liberty is all led. Whelen doesn't make the patriot anymore. The frame I had cut down to a shorter length.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Just wondering.... Why strobe and not all LED? :confused:

8. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

excellent choice. your gonna love the take down alley end lights .

9. wolfmobile8

Lol I knew somebody was gonna ask that. I like leds but strobee are still my favorite.
    Yea one of my favorite lightbars from Whelen. It didn't want any allys aor take downs. It has 8 strobes and 4 leds.

10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Quit replying here and get installing!

11. wolfmobile8

Haha I will once I get my whelen control box. Im pissed the guy must have forgot to put it in the box.

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ah, I hear you there!

13. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

looks great! can you tell me the ebay guys name?

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I love my patriot. All clear lenses with amber LEDs in the center (front and rear with takedowns) it has clear corner strobes and they definitely pack way more of a punch than the LED's especially being clear. The led are not the newest line so that probably has somethig to do with it. Strobes and LED together is definitely a nice combo!

15. wolfmobile8

Thanks heres the guys user name salliquidation2008
    Yea you are right WlliamOak. Strobes are still my favorite cause durn the day the are still bright as they are it night and yea the leds in this bar are used to not new so he said they might not be as brigh as new ones. And yea the patriot is one of my favorite lightbars from whelen. I had a custom whelen edge before had the frame cut down to 39" and it had 12 strobes it was bright haha but wanted a patriot cause it's more slim.

16. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

You guys gotta look into better leds than. My leds at work are way brighter than any strobe ive come across.

Nice bar still the same though.

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Looks dope man, cant wait to see it mounted.

18. wolfmobile8

Thanks man.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have a patriot bar on my truck ordered from whelen when they where making them it's a 55" with the 8 stobes and the rest led with takes downs and ally lights. i like the differnt color and light pattern you get wetween the strobe and led. i think this bar gives you the best of both worlds.

20. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i like the style of the liberty and look to it but can justify 2G for pricing for just snow plowing a local contracter in my city has a liberty with all led modules .... looks nice when lit up ..but 2G yeah right .... i just found a 48" whelen patriot ... i bought from a V FF so i stripped out the lenses and ordered new ones ... the whelen justices are cool bars ... but the flash patterns are kinda lame in technology dept ...