1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom undercarriage question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Snowchief, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

Can someone with a boss take a quick measurement for me? (get your mind out of the gutter I mean a measurement of the installed plow!)

With the plow installed, what is the closest measurement between the back of the plow frame and the front of your bumper?

Background: I'm fabricating an RT2 mount for a 2008 dodge and the height spec is on the Boss website (13.5") but not the distance between the plow frame and bumper, i.e. how far forward to mount the plow. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of flex in that area but where I have it now, the mount is only about 1/2" from the bumper. I was going to guess and move it forward about two inches but figured I'd ask since you all have plows already installed...

Thanks in advance!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1/2" is way to close chief. Doesn't allow enough room for movement or wear.

Set it up so that the lift tower has approx 1 1/2" gap....no tighter.