1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom snowshoes and/or runners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Balderson, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

What would make for the best custom snowshoes for my plow?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: O.K. maybe just a little more info?
    Ho.... I don't know....:confused: Maybe like? what kind of plow?

3. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. It's an oldie. I was under the impression that they were fairly standard. That is the way they list them on ebay anyway. Thanks.

4. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

bump!

Aren't blade runners fairly standard?

Any ideas for homemade runners?

Any idea for homemade wings?

:help:

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am sorry by the cold has fogged my crystal ball...

Hmmm.... maybe you need to be more specific about what your looking for... what type/size plow is it... what are you plowing...

6. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

It's a seven foot swenson spreader plow. I'm plowing farmsteads.

7. frostservices

frostservices Member

Do you need shoes? Must of us don`t run um.
    Seth

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Does the plow have a location to mount shoes???

If not then just buy some plow shoes, and fab a mount that will work... Most shoes are similar in how the mount, and there are not many styles that you have to choose from...

I take it the plow is a rear mounted plow on a tractor???

9. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

Thanks for the input. I'm not entirely commercial yet. My drive is gravel as are most out here in the country where I live. I have no ambition to go into town yet. Maybe next year. Therefore, I need shoes. Thanks again, I'll go a barefootin in town on asphalt and concrete if and when I get there.

10. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

Yes I have a couple of mounts: 1 3/8" I.D. I could just buy a pair, but thought maybe one of the many resourceful members here might have whipped them up homemade for less.

No, this old John Deere we had while farming carried a large Balderson blade on the three point rear mount hitch. Therefore, the majority of my snow management and removal has been at the wheel of this awesome rig. It was also good at draggin friends out of ditches. Since then I've removed snow with endloaders, small bucket tractors, and skidsteers.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005