1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Scraper Box

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tsmith, Jan 1, 2007.

1. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I was wandering around today at work, not working just there to mess with my truck and I saw our scraper box and thought you all might get a kick out of it. The grounds guy wanted a scraper box and thought that an old recycling dumpster would be the perfect start to begin the project with. So he has our weld shop guy (who by the way had never seen a box scraper up close) build one. And this is the result, no rubber edge and it goes on the forks, which are still attached in the pictuers. What do you think?:D

DSCF3483mod1.jpg

DSCF3484mod1.jpg

DSCF3485mod1.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

How well does it work?

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Seems ok, I've never got to use it. Only if we get a lot of snow do I stand a chance at plowing at work. It is mainly used only good level asphalt, our dresser loader doesn't like it when it's full though.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I've seen a picture of one of dealers clearing a parking lot with a dumpster on a forklift before.... I'll have to see if he can scan it for me.

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I've seen all kinds of crazy blades custom fabbed for forklifts. People get very creative at times.

Avalanche makes a pusher for forklifts as well, but I can't see getting through the snow and ice with cushion tires.