1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Plow Controls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ParksLandscaping, Jan 12, 2003.

1. ParksLandscaping

ParksLandscaping Member

For you people that are having a slow winter or like left hand controls here is a project for you. I used a Meyers slik-stik and mounted it in my door of my (2) Ford F-250 and F-650. I have them controling 2 Blizzards and 1 10' boss plows. I had to make up my own wire harness as the Meyers plug will not fit in hole under door plate. The wire harness is only 16 ga. wire with 1/4" tab stakons. You will have to figure out inside the main control box which wires go where. It is very simple. The plows function with both right and left controls at the same time. The only thing is on the blizzards the wings aren't controled by this switch which is not abig deal as you don't move these after every push. If you need any help or I didn't explain this good enough send me your questions and I will try to explain better. These are monted on Fords I don't know if the other makes will allow them to be mounted in their doors?

Wilburn

Attached Files:

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I can't seem to download the attachment.

3. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

same here

4. captdevo

captdevo PlowSite.com Sponsor

can't either...

what format?

save as jpg. please

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

6. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

sorry guys I'll try to figure it out so the picture comes up.