1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom plow controller for manual?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by amars415, Nov 4, 2007.

1. amars415

amars415 Member

Has anyone ever seen or made a custom plow controller for a manual tranny? I'm thinking of something that you take your shift knob off and put this in it's place with buttons on it. I have a blizzard plow with power wings so I would need a up/down, left/right, right wing in/out, left wing in/out. Something in a "T handle" style maybe?? This way you would never have to take your hand off the shifter. Thank for your help/ideas.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  3. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Here is a pic from a truck i saw on ebay.

655e_1.jpg

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Theirs some high quality craftmanship at it's finest right there..I don't remember seeing that in the new products section in the Boss catalog.:D

5. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

to many buttons

Sell the blizzard and buy a boss with wings then you can eliminate 2 switches. Plus then you might have a chance of keeping up with me this year. :D

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You could do a custom controller in a smaller box with a couple toggles for the wings, and mount that like others have on the side of the shifter.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

honestly i plow with a 5-speed and would never even think about mounting something to my shifter like that, it looks redicious, i have a joystick mounted to my door, and i just rest my arm on the door like i usually do, and move the lever. its so natural feeling i dont even notice im doing it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. amars415

amars415 Member

We will see my good friend, we will see.wesport

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that looks like ***** i cant see that holding up and being convenient to use