1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom plow art.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by miketturbo, Feb 8, 2009.

1. miketturbo

miketturbo Junior Member

anyone have custom painted plows?

Snow Plow Painting 002.jpg

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No but I have thought about it. What the heck is on yours? Teeth? I know there is a guy on here with a green Dodge with a plow that says The Driveway Doctor on it. That's prob his screenname but I'm not sure.

Hey, on second look, that is one huge plow. What is that?

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I think thats cre's gf on the far left:D

4. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

My brother is a bit of a "Bow Tie" fan and he painted the Chevy emblem on the front of one of his plows.

5. tojay22

tojay22 Member

a buddy of mine bought a plow with a poly skin shield over it and when he took it off to re-do the plow there was a huge confederate flag painted on it! kinda funny

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

when i bought my plow there was another on in the garage it said in big letters GOT SNOW?

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

How is that holding up to the abuse? Did you clear coat it or anything. I am going to get mine painted when it warms up a bit.

8. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

im sure with a couple coats of paint and a coat or 2 of clear it would hold decent

9. lvfd50

lvfd50 Junior Member
    from WNY

I was going to repaint mine this summer and was thinking of doing a "custom" paint job, but can't decide what to do. If I don't think of anything It may just be painted safety yellow. Anyone have some good ideas?

10. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Pennies from Heaven

Here is what I used to put on mine 2004 Ford F-150 & Plow 002.jpg

2004 Ford F-150 & Plow 002.jpg

11. BigDave12768

I May do South park on one side and Family Guy on other side of plow. So both would be on front of mole board and Stewie would be shooting Kenny with Some Death Ray. So Keeny would be smoking or on fire in pic. I know my Xgirl could paint it. But I think it may be too much So I just may do Evil Monkey pointing at a pile of Snow. Or if the Bruins win the stanley Cup. Which they should since they are on Fire I will get all New England teams painted on it. Or just get a nice Vinyal stickers and Clear over them, Probaly get Evil Monkey and a pile of snow painted on it.

[​IMG]

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

seems to me you havent made up your mind yet? :dizzy:

13. BigDave12768

He did say ideas. And No I havent. I kinda like the evil monkey one. some guy in the area did the MR plow a few years ago. So i wont even consider that

[​IMG]

14. miketturbo

miketturbo Junior Member

Here it is finished.

15. miketturbo

miketturbo Junior Member

how's this?

Snow Plow Painting 006.jpg

16. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Thats in my town!
    Here is an article...
    http://www.iuk.edu/~koocm/sep06/snowplow.shtml
    The other day I saw all the city trucks lined up at a resturaunt with all thier painted plows, wish i would have had my camera to get a pic.

17. BigDave12768

All that work and they are going to let it wash away!!!! WTF

18. BigDave12768

[​IMG]

19. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

And for something completely different.....

I didn't paint it, It came this way from a municipality in IL.

S3blower.jpg

S3blower2.jpg

20. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

naw, they must have sealed them pretty good, because they did that a couple of years ago, and you can still see the art work.