1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom paint job

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Feb 4, 2006.

1. i was wondering what it usually runs to to custom paint jobs. thinking about making my truck blue with chunks of ice floating on it.

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Is your truck already blue? if not I would expect to pay several thousand dollars just for the color change if you have it done right. If you want to save some money I would try to just add graphics to fit with your existing color scheme in paint or vinyl decals. You could have sign shop cut some nice stuff for you and just peal it off when it's time to sell it, because even though YOU might like a blue truck with ice floating on it that cost $7,000 to have painted, most buyers will consider that paint job a flaw, rather than something that makes the truck worth $7,000 more. Any non-stock, non-original color is pretty much guaranteed to detract from the trucks resale value, that's a simple fact.

If this is a work truck, and based on this forum I'll assume it is, vinyl graphics are probably your best bet.

-Jer