1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom mount ideas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plowsomesnow, Oct 31, 2010.

1. plowsomesnow

plowsomesnow Junior Member
    from mn

i have a 2000 chevy 1500 that i need to make mounts for. my friend thats was going to help me move so im on my own. does anyone have pics of there mounts on a 1500? thanks

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

It would help a bunch if we knew what kind of plow you were using. All makes of plows use different kinds of mounts.

3. plowsomesnow

from mn

it's a 7.5 meyer off a 1978 f150

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

So what are you asking? If you have the mount off the 1978, you just need to modify it to fit your frame rails. The front part of the mount ( where the plow mounts) is going to stay just as it is, and the back side will bolt on to your frame rails. I am sure you can look up the specs on Meyers web site to give you the factory height from the ground to the center on your plow pins. After that it's just a matter of making it fit.

5. plowsomesnow

from mn

i guess what i'm asking is for some pictures of plow mount. since i have never made any before and i'm not real sure how to modify them. on a '78 ford they mount behind the bumper and i would like to put it in front. just looking for ideas. i was thinking of making something to go in the tow hooks then down and under the bumper the to the frame. what do u thing?

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I( think you should buy the correct mount and save time, money and maybe someones life if it is not done right