1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Interior for 77 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by simmons72, Nov 30, 2003.

1. simmons72

simmons72 Junior Member

I am attempting to customize a 77 Silverado short wide. I have had all the rust cut out and am getting it painted a Dark Concorde Blue Metallic from PPG Paints. I have a Cowl Induction Hood, Billet grill, fiberglass roll pan, and a Hagan Fuel Door after relocating the fuel intake line slightly. I am having this work done and am new at this so my ideas are few and far between. Anyone got any resources they can refer me to regarding ideas on customizing the interior. I realize the sky is the limit and have seen some amazing stuff in the sport truck magazines. I have a budget and would like to see more of the do it yourself material. Thanks for the help and any ideas are also appreciated.
  2. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I own an auto trim shop. What kind of info are you looking for.
  3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

4. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

its a wee bit of a drive for you but, id deliver it to Mexico and let then do it.

I had an '72 Capri done in Tijauana back in the day, for $ 200
    it turned out incredable !

i just would suguest you pick the upholstry shop carefully, vehicles kinda come up "missing" south of the border..

you can also drop off the parts and pick up later

make sure to specify "no dingle berrys" around the windshield ! lol
  5. simmons72

simmons72 Junior Member

custom 77 short wide

I would like to update the interior if possible. The doors are shaved and I am getting the electronics to work them. Poppers, keyless entry and such. I want new seats, carpet, door panels, custom if possible and even a new dash if that is possible. If not a new dash, at least a more updated one that is more user friendly and functional. I am looking for ideas and am willing to do anything within reason.
  6. 1977/85scottspecial

1977/85scottspecial Member
    from Indiana

I have seen some pretty neat stuff on the dash for the gauges. Depends on how much $ you have. They made a plate to fit the stock location and put in all aftermarket gauges and lights. They just had two green lights for turn signals and a bigger blue for the brights. It was aluminum and turned out really nice.