1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Homemade cheap plow markers for sale..

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tirioloservices, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

Hey everyone..i got tired of buying new plow markers for 30 dollars that everytime it got cole they cracked or those garbage antenna type ones...so iam a handyman and have tons of stuff around .so i came up with an idea...who knows im sure others thought of this..im laid off and looking to keep busy and maybe make some extra money while iam waiting for the snow to fly...
    iam selling these homemade plow markers for a plow...3/8 threaded stud at bottom..with 3/8 rode inside..flexable but will not break at all..
    nothing special to it..heres my prices hey if you want them just call me 203-906-0103 i will flat rate ship. should be between 5 and 8 dollars
    24" $20
    36" $30
    48" $40
    i think my prices are fair..i garuntee these will last ive had mine on my plow for 3 years and made a bunch for friend for plows,sanders ...if your plow takes a threaded type then this is for you feel free to call or text...hope everyone doesnt think im nuts..but these things are sturdy..sorry my pictures look bad but my phones in rough shape

IMG706 (1).jpg

IMG707.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

not finished in pics iam gonna come up with some caps for them..also thinking of adding reflective tape on mine ..but let me know if iam being fair or insane...ive sold a few locally...hey extra parts and tubing in my garage why not? ALSO I KNOW I HAVE TO CUT THREA ON ONE TO EVEN UP..ONLY SET I HAD AROUND AT TIME OF PICS LOL

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Once mounted on the plow can you grab them and bend them over and they stand back up

4. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

reply to ?

well they do flex and go back..once i bent pretty bad and i straightened out..because there is rods going thru..takes ALOT TO BEND TO POINT OF HAVING TO MANUALLY BEND...

5. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

they are somewhat flexable to answer your ?....like i said worse case you manually bend back..they are pretty heavy duty tho..i havent had to replace mine yet.and even tho its simple design...people around me love them

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

There times I put my plows under semi trailers So I don't think your Idea will work for me
    Plus there times with my V plows I'll move piles back Your markers will just bend over since there no flex.

Those might be ok on guys that plow roads

Have you ever bought the Plow markers that has cable inside. They are the best and the cheapest I bought 3 sets this year I paid $17 each per set for them They will take a beating like no other markers can last forever.

I replace ones on my 2003 pro plus plow I didn't have to but my son said they was so faded they was hard to see

I put set on my new wings that goes on my MVP

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Honestly,no offense but I think your crazy. But in a lovable nice try way!

8. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

hey we all have our own opinion lol
    but personally i like my plow markers for plowing roads to last

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Maybe add a short length of spring on the bottom.

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Not all plow markers have studs. Just FYI.

11. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

i added springs today and yea i realize not all have..i have free time but not that much..hey i sold some locally not lookinng to be a millionaire and most guys here prolly make their own.so its no big deal

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

More power to you but if you're tired of $30 plow markers and yours are cheaper why will I spend $20-$40 + shipping?? I know you need the money, but so does Boss, otherwise they might get bought by someone like Toro....

....Doh!

13. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Wire cable as support or you are jut wasting dollars. This is a wheel that really doesn't need re invented.

14. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Now that's funny!