1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom flat bed truck body

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Sep 15, 2010.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

just wondering if anyone has done something like this

speaking with someone that does not use trailers for lawn mowing season (and he does not plow) he has a custom bed made

basicly a flat bed witha beaver tail and a ramp. seems like a decent idea possibly

but that type of body just doesnt sit well with me for plowing, low to the ground, long....

but i also know guys that plow with standard flat 8 foot stock beds and love them for great visibilty.

how about taking the stock 8 footer , and then adding a removable beaver tail with ramp? few bolts and the lsat 3 foot of your truck comes off and your set to go for winter

your thoughts?

2. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I know what kind of bed your talking about, but like you said something that you could remove is a great idea. I cant wait til' we get a flat bed for our dump they're so much easier to get stuff in and out for plowing.

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

5. elite1msmith

from chicago

the only other problem that i then have is, what do you do with the debris

6. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

What kind of debris? Grass clippings?

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

yeah mostly grass climpings, leafs, bush trimming debris, broken branches. if its a big job i would send a dump truck to take care of it, but you know there are always those stops along the way that you end up taking some kind of debris home with you. we bag about 2% of our customers...not that many, but then there are commercial lots that we bag the parking islands and enterances it all adds up