1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom cabguard and lighting on Superduty

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GLS, Feb 13, 2009.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Snow hasn't been flying here, so here are a couple of projects we've been working on recently.

We fabbed up this cabguard yesterday out of 2x3 tube and mesh, shouldn't be breaking any windows now. Also converted the Whelen mini justice bar from magnet to hard mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

And the LED lighting...

Whelen mini-justice on the rack. 2 Whelen LIN3 modules on the front grille, and 2 LIN3s on the rear corners mounted above the bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The backrack looks great.

It might be pretty tuff cleaning the back window.

4. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I like where you hid the led's in the back, good idea. Truck looks great, good luck.

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Man that looks awesome!! I like how you made the d rings so you can tie stuff down. When I made mine I mounted it with the normal mounts that go into the stack pockets. But yours looks extremely tuff!

6. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

thats looks awesome good job..

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Uhhh, okay, why do all of the custom, garage built back racks look the best?

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Lookin good! You have to drive around with those light on all the time for that plow?

9. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is one of the best fab jobs I have ever seen. looks real sharp and blends in real nice with the truck as a whole. I am going to go with the lin 3 on my next truck I outfit. Good Job.

10. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

you did an awesome job. the rack looks great

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that looks really good man! the rack matches the truck perfectly!!

12. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

damn fine job you've done there. i want to get some of the LIN3's for my truck. pretty impressive, nice job

13. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Are you going to paint it black? or leave the primer on it?

14. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments.

Cleaning the back window should be alright, power washer will get it.

Honestly, this custom rack probably cost more than going to buy a manufactured one. But we couldn't find anything we liked. So we built it the way we wanted it.

Not really sure what you mean about lights on all the time with the plow? We run the lights while we are plowing, and if we are ever parked on a busy road/backing onto a busy road.

That is the final color, it is not primer. It is a dark gray, it is supposed to blend in with the two-tone paint. I like it:)

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you want to build something custom you can't worry about price. If you count all your time and money spent there is no way it will be cheaper then buying. They are making thousands and you are trying to produce one.

On the up side it is nice to have something different then everyone else. The color looks great.

16. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

thats awesome very nice work on everything
    and i like the color it blens in nicely with the two- tone on the truck

17. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Sorry, for the lights i ment the mounting setup for the plow. I thought that the newer plows would only show the bottum mounting bracket. I allways see the old plow setups around here driving around with the plow lights hooked up with no plow. With mine, if you take the plow off, everything else comes off... pump, lights, etc.

18. Looks good man. How are you liking the truck? Which engine do you prefer? The 6.7 or 6.4?

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think he's referring to the headgear for the blizzards. How the lights stay with the truck similar to the older conventional mounts minus the pump compared to how most other manufacterers have it so just a mount under the bumper is all that is left. The plow and lights come off as one unit verses 2 seperate units with the blizzards.

20. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

the lighting looks great