1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom Buyers Salt Dogg lid

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pvtben121, Jan 19, 2014.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

So the 3 yd Salt Dogg gave me a great idea. I have 3 2yds and 2 4 yds. i was thinking to get a 3/8 in thich UHMV sheet of plastic. add some hinges on the 2 yd spreaders. On the 4 yd spreader just have 2 overlapping sheets.

Because if anyone is like me they cant stand those damn tarps and bungees. When the wind is blowing putting that tarp back on is a major PITA. if you added some rope to the lid i could just pull it open and never have to get on the truck which would be great for older drivers.

if anyone has customized there box i would love to see it.

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Probably want to put some rubber bumpers where it would rest so it doesn't shake and rattle down the road when it's bitter cold. Also be careful not to slam it open or closed as it may easily crack with the cold cold temps.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im thinking about steeling the lids of my dumpster at work and mounting them on my vbox

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Not a poly spreader but I just made lids on one of our stainless v boxes. Added 2x8 sides and 2x12 front and rear tapered from center down to meet the 8" sides. Two lids w hinges on the sides. Not overlapping but pretty tight fit. So far I love it. The other spreaders w tarps suck and will b getting lids soon. Almost forgot, lids are 3/4" plywood.