1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

custom built spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by iceyman, Nov 7, 2007.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

has anyone on here ever built there own salt spreader? just curious:waving:

might try to make myself a project cuz im broke and cant afford a new one.

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i think it could be as easy or difficult as you want it to be but i agree the price of salters is stupid, i mean a plastic hopper with a elec.motor for over $1000 'cmon.

i just got a sweet deal on e-bay snow-ex 875 pro for....are you ready ....$125 and i got it home with about $150 for shipping and it looks great.

how big a spreader are you lookin to build and what's your budget, you can buy a farm spreader b-new for $300 and rig a elec motor like a old starter motor up to the pto shaft?

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i have the budget to buy some parts here and there rather than spending the g for a new one . i have built things out of nothing for my other biz and its made me more $ than if i bought a prof one. guess looking for a cheap way out for first real winter in the biz . especially in jersey when you never know whats gona happen.