1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom built snowplows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Oct 23, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

On my little photo excursion sunday, I saw about 5 custom built plows which were made by Housitanic Welding. they were one-way plows for a 1-ton. the odd thing about them was that they had the angle cylinders. any reason why they would do that? i will be getting the photos back tomorrow, and posting them here along with a lot of other ones.
    has anyone ever heard of the company? anyone else know of any local companies who make a few plow?

Bryan

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

On a 1-way road plow those arent angle cylinders they are shock absorbers either spring loaded or hydraulic cushioned. When you whack a storm drain the plow is supposed to move not the catch basin.

3. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

bill-
    they have angle cylinders like a normal plow,they had two shocks and 6 trip springs. once i get the photos tomorrow everyone can see what i mean.

bryan

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Snow, I don't think those were custom made plows, They market a plow under the brand name of One-Way and they are power angle but with a one way blade design. VT Municipal Equipment in Williamstown is the dealer for them up here. Nice plows, they seem well made and are available with mounting ears that will hitch to Fisher push frames. They recommended a 10' for that F-350 we used to have, but it was a little more money than I wanted to part with.