1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom built skid steer leveling bar

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Nov 3, 2009.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

built this my self thought i show you guys it has a hydraulic scairfier to rip up the ground if needed. works awesome!

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

looks awesome. i was thinking about buying one but couldn't justify the 2 grand or whatever the hell they want for them. Could you take some up close shots of it and what you used without it in the dirt so we can get a better idea how to do it?
  3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Thats called a land plane, I have 2 of them. Quite possibly the most handy attatchment ever made.

4. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya for sure ill get some more up here but ya i hear ya who wants to spend 2500 to 3000 grand when i built mine for about 400 with the hose cylinder and all that, i even bought cutting edge with a taper on it. it works sweet when u got some hard ground you can rip it up.

here some pics from when when i was building it. think i might build one more and sell it

5. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya i love it! use it all the time!
  6. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

let me know if you want some measurements off it or anything glad to help!
  7. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

We made one for our challenger on the 3 point hitch. Ur looks much better ours is made from old cutting edges. Lol
  8. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice fab-work Grosser! :drinkup:
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe a pic with that single ram extended? I'm not seeing what it does.

I need to make one of these. Would be nice for tuning up the driveway spring and fall.
  10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Looks professionaly done. Good job.