1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom built Plow Truck...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Wicked500R, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

So, I chose a 1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel to be the truck...Gotta Luvv the Engine!! Regular cab, Auto trans...The plow will be a Fisher..8' old school HD H series blade. Hybrid Meyer EZ mount with a Fisher push beam welded on to mount the blade. Fisher Old school headgear modified to fit the EZ Mount tubes. Monarch Hydraulic pack mounted somewhere on the truck with up front couplers for the cylinders. New plow lights, Fisher style...Whelen Patriot Low Profile with Alleys and center floods mounted on a Back Rack. A new set of rubber...Probably Goodyear Silent Armor A/T's. A 4" straight exhaust, a couple other engine mods. A beefed front end with some nice springs and steering parts. Hmmmm...All plow parts are being stripped, sandblasted, primed, painted, with all new bolts, trip springs, pins, etc. I will post pics of her when she is done but in the meantime...Lets hear the opinions....The past couple years I didn't have a plow truck, and we really didn't have much snow... I'm building a sweet truck this year... WE BETTER GET A BLIZZARD HERE IN NORTH JERSEY THIS TIME....:drinkup:

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I love plow projects sounds like you got the idea but we got to see the in progress pics. We all have been down and dirty under the truck and full of dirt and grease. So lets see the real work pics.:waving:

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

heres the pics I got so far..

The truck..
    [​IMG]
    Stripped and Blasted blade ready for primer
    [​IMG]
    Primed blade
    [​IMG]
    New base angle...this hurt the pocket but Oh Well...
    [​IMG]

I'm waiting for a bunch of stuff to arrive in the mail. I will keep the pics coming of the project

4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Here is the primed Meyer EZ mount frame with a Fisher pushbeam welded on.
    [​IMG]

5. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a very clean fab job, and very nice. I do think Meyer has always been behind the times though in their mounting systems. You do have a very quick removal of the headgear, though. I like it!

6. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

SWEET nice job so far looks like you got the stuff on track. paints great.....looks like that plow is in good condition saves some headache down the road

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice work shop man and the plow is coming along nicely can't wait for the final product :D

8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

startin to look good....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:D

9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The second picture almost looks CAT yellow, but the first is much brighter. What's the color??

10. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I am using All-Pro oil base industrial finishes....Safety Yellow. It matches the new Fisher base angle pretty darn good! I will be applying the 3rd coat today, then it will dry over the weekend. The paint takes a good couple days to fully cure in between coats. Next week I will start to re-assemble the blade with all new parts and install the frame onto the truck. The Monarch hydraulic unit should be arriving anyday! Here is my 1st snow dance for the year...xysport !!

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That thing looks tough, it does look cat yellow lol.

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Keep up the pics!!!!!! very nice!!

what did you use to move that blade around with btw?

13. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Our Back Hoe...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Thanks!! I have that same 8Ft. style section as you do, just on a MM1 headgear. Today we took the headgear off so we can re-do the blade like you did! Yours came out awesome!

15. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Thanks! The Blade was an original Minute Mount. I got the blade, a complete conventional frame from I dunno what, and the Meyer EZ mount all from the same local shop used. This week starts assembly of the blade and then I can move onto the truck. I can't wait to get the truck frame fitted and the Oldschool Fisher headgear fabbed up to fit the Meyer EZ mount. It's gonna be mean lookin'!

16. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Ahhhh...The finished blade !! And mounted lower frame... I think I might need to shorten the A-frame on the plow...It sticks out a little far... These are Hi-Rez pics prom my digital camera. The other pics were taken with my phone...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  17. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

18. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

im impressed.

19. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

A slight picture of some of the shop...Digg the stainless Air-Flo for our 450 Superduty...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  20. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Headgear Time...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]