1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom built Plow Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snow, Oct 21, 2013.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

A friend from Mass runs this hybrid plow truck for Mass DOT.

The truck is a Chevrolet G506 1.5 ton 4x4. The old picture is from 1970 plowing their house in VT, it stayed up there till 2009

It was built on the chevy military chassis, repowered with Ford 300 ci six and 4 spd. trans. and 96 ford f 250 cab and front sheet metal. 8.25x20 tires. It pushes a 10' plow, wing tower is a recent addition for this season

The action shot is from the 2012/2013 season.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i love the obs fords that looks like a mean truck
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty neat set up. I'm kind of surprised that a 300 straight 6 has enough power for that truck. A 7.3 Power Stroke would be sweet in that truck. The wing set up is a little different being behind the cab, I have never scene any thing quite like that. I personally would have left it all original Chevrolet.
  4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

No offense to the pumpkin orange ford body, but that old Chevy body was sweet... not very ergo-dynamic, but I'm sure it was a real "hoot" to cruise around in.

Only way to make it better would be to put a cummins under the hood. That way it would be a real hot rod.....being comprised of the big 3
  5. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I like that a lot!
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

300 six is a good motor but far has power. You have to look at the gears. That thing wont win a speed race. Might win pulling a big load up a mountain.

Sweet looking be fun plowing a Hwy
  8. crazykyle24

crazykyle24 Junior Member
    from NH

freakin awesome!
  9. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

That is supreme badass right there!