1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Blade on the 99 and other stuff

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Got some pics of custom blade #1 on my 99 2500 with 6 inches of lift finaly! There is also the pic of the new buyers control, it is really nice!!!!

15235011187_ORIG.jpg

15235742601_ORIG.jpg

15235738162_ORIG.jpg

15235667068_ORIG.jpg

15235713793_ORIG.jpg

2. Mike S

I also got a pic of the Snow Ex 2400. So far its not to bad it works nice and will go through the salt.

15235472434_ORIG.jpg

3. Mike S

These pics are from the night of the 8th. A Deere 250 with a 8611 blizzard on it pushing back some piles and doing some clean up.

15235755971_ORIG.jpg

15235771392_ORIG.jpg

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a suspension or body lift??

Everything looks really good.

5. Mike S

Its all suspension. I had to make some mods on the mount and the A frame. I built the mount for that truck almost from scratch, which really sucked! The 99 also has one of those new Buyers LED mini light bars on it, also very impressed with it.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Lookin good Mike

7. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

These Blizzard plows are a cool looking set up ............

8. Mike S

They are nice! I wish all of the skids on our crew had the 8611 on them instead of pushers.

9. Mike S

Thanks Steve!

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Mike how do you like that spreader compared to a v-hopper style? Do you have to drive with the body up a lot? Is that electric or central hydraulic? Sorry for all the questions, I am thinking about one but I don't know anyone that has one. Thanks

11. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

what brand of lift on your 99, and what size tires?

12. Mike S

No problem!! I didnt have much input on it when I bought mine and it was a big gamble for me since I had given up on snow ex. I like it works good but the baffels had to come out it didnt put much salt out with them in. The bed is up most of the time just to keep production rolling so you have to think a little more as you go. It is electric and it seems to work pretty good. If it was hydro i would have gone with another brand/ a stainless one. For the money I spent it was worth it. The mounting kit was a waste of money for my truck and was usless. I had to make a frame to connect the spreader to the truck. I dont like how if you turn the knobs all the way down the spreader and the auger do not shut off. A lot of ON, OFF action. I had a salt dogg before and I loved it but I out grew it. Dont get me wrong I got 4 years of no problems out of mine and it always ran dam good but I just wanted bigger cap.. I didnt want to spend the $7000 on the 4yd unit so I bought this. In the end all i can say is I like both but I dont think the $5000-$6000 they want for this unit is really worth it. I bought mine for $3500 and that was worth it. Snow Ex parts are so expensive, Buyers parts are cheap and simple. Im a buyers man all the way but the week after I bought the 2400 they came out with the under tailgate, go figure! Either way its a nice unit.

13. Mike S

RCD, It had the trac bars but didnt like the way it looked. I think I got the name right. It handles the plow nice, I dont get to drive that truck much in the snow much but my driver JUST LOVES RUNNING THIS TRUCK! I got to use it twice for plowing once for a couple of hours and the other for clean up. I need some taller curb fealers though! LOL! I like how high the blade can stack, its pretty cool! That thing will lift 4 maybe 5 feet off the ground when stacking! Its a eye catcher we get a lot of compliments for it. Oh ya tire size is 315/75/16 so like 35 size.

14. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Thanks I appreciate the info

15. Mike S

Oh ya I have a older unit so i guess they have changed the auger motor and controler since then so its probably stronger and better now or something........