1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Backup Buddy with LED Floods

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 07F-250V10, Dec 18, 2011.

1. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Custom made Backup Buddy With DDM Tuning LED Flood lights

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

Those would be really cool if you didn't have a salt spreader

3. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Those are awesome. How exactly do you wire it up? What model # are the lights

4. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

works good but I just have them mounted under the bumper works great but yours would keep it up out of the snow Thumbs Up

0410111001.jpg

1220101133.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Those will last a few storms, till you break them off.

6. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

They are the the 1350 lumen LED flood from DDM tuning. Theyre $40 per light. They are wired using a 4 pin trailer connector so that you can take them off with no hassel and wired to my switches in my truck. I dont think i will be breaking them off....that is what they are for; seeing what is behind you

7. maelawncare

After hours of plowing your will back into snow piles not thinking about it, snow breaks lights like that. You should wrap the steel around lights to protect them.

8. DuraBird02

DuraBird02 Member

Why are you backing your truck into piles of snow? I plowed all season with a setup just like that with no problems.

9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Then you eiather come from an area that doesn't get too much snow or you just aren't plowing hard enough. :laughing:

10. maelawncare

Big lots. Lots of piles.

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

oops see below

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Always fun when the piles are frozen solid. The lights in the bumper look good

13. Looks good and I like the LED's in the bumper. One thing i've noticed is that LED's are cool to the touch so if you did get snow on the LED spot lights not sure how much would melt off?
    As much as you say you dont back into snow or piles of snow, it will happen one day, could be during a day storm and you forget they are back there. Just make sure they are sturdy enough to withstand backing into a hard packed snow pile or drift.
    I have lights mounted in the back plate of my F350 dump bed pictured below and they do get packed with snow around the lights and not on them since they are regular farmer tractor type lights which I keep on when plowing and stay warm so snow melts right off.
    I do have a hitch mount salter that also goes on the back and I can still see the lights when backing up.
    Just something to think about.

Lights.jpg

14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, I dont know if I would be using the trailer 4 pin connection though. Unless I'm wrong, there is no reverse in the 4 pin so they would be on with the lights all the time blinding everyone behind you. Why not just use the 7 pin connector so they just come on in reverse and then you dont need to run miles of wire. Plus that 4 pin connector tends to be a weak connection after a while and causes a lot of corrosion.

15. DuraBird02

DuraBird02 Member

This is true, i do not live in an area that gets a lot of snow. We have more salt events then plowable events, but i still don't understand why you back into a pile of snow...maybe i'm missing something.

16. Second Nature

Second Nature Member
    from Ohio

I say put the lights on and enjoy them. Remember they're back there and avoid the snow piles. Lights (and especially the BB with strobe) will help you avoid rear-end bumps. That includes snow piles!

17. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

I didnt want them to come on reverse because it would be anooying to people when im backing up when there isnt any snow plus i wanted them on all the time when plowing. So i just wired them to my switches in my truck so i can choose when to have them on. I shouldnt have any problems with the 4 pin as long as i keep di electric grease on them. Ill get somer pics up soon of them in the dark to show how well they work

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice I really like the amber leds in the bumper

19. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

20. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

I have a post on here from a couple years ago that shows how to put back up lights on a 3 position switch so you can have them on all the time, off, and on when your in reverse only. Just in case anyone would want to wire theirs that way.