1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Assembled Emergency kit

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LVHardscape, Feb 2, 2011.

1. LVHardscape

LVHardscape Member

I assembled my own plow emergency kit, Awesome peace of mind.

Motor relay
    1 coil
    44" line (longest possible one i'de need in the event of a blowout)
    2 quarts of fluid
    misc. pins
    and the tools that are normally in my truck

I didn't do the trip spring or anything because if one of them breaks you can at least continue plowing.

all that for less that 90 bucks.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Western sells a nice emergency service kit with a couple hoses, a relay and a couple valves too. I am sure it probably costs a bit more than yours but it comes in a really nice Western bag LOL.

Your kit is an awsome idea. Where I work customers often come in with a simple problem but we don't always have the part that they need in stock. After every snow it seems the world assends on us and we can't possibly forsee the parts that will be needed. We carry more than a million $ in spare parts but it's never enough. My point is that even if you can't fix it, if you have a few spare parts for YOUR plow a good troubleshooter can get you up and running. I wish every operator carried the basics.

3. LVHardscape

LVHardscape Member

yea the kit didnt have the coil, but had the springs and other stuff i didnt really feel necessary. so i just made my own. I think i'll write western an email and see if they send me some promo stuff. works with most companieS!!:mechanic: