1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom 10 foot Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by VanceTrendov, Nov 30, 2008.

1. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov Junior Member

I just recently purchased a 1999 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Diesel, and was looking for something at least 9 feet. Everyone wanted $1500 or more around town. I wanted to save some money, so the I picked up two 8 foot Fisher blades.

I have decided that looking to find a larger then an 8.5 blade was not worth the trouble. I have looked for a blade for the past couple of weeks and found a 9 foot fisher but that ended up going on my Ford diesel dump truck.

In Minnesota Fisher is not a big brand name, but i have grown to like the Fishers. Them not being very well know means converts to lower resale for the blades. I was able to purchase one of the blades with angling rams, motor/pump, and cable controls for 200, and the other for 30.

View attachment 46386
    View attachment 46387

I got a little ahead of myself and started painting one blue.

The yellow plow is in much better shape. the blue has lest rust but if you look the the blades from the side the blue blade is bent forward, like someone hit something blacking up and bent the blade forward.

Since the fisher used a trip edge, insted of of a full trip design it was most important to build this edge will the strongest material and best processs.

Here is a picture of what i am going to do with the trip edge.

View attachment 46390

View attachment 46391

Here are the pictures of me cutting and setting up the new trip edge.

View attachment 46392

I will add more pictures later.

2. VanceTrendov

can an admin delete this post, i for some reason posted twice

I can add these pics to the other original post.

3. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Good luck with that. We added 6 inches to each end of a 9 ft blade once... turned out great. Gotta watch out for the authorities though... they have been watching plow widths -especially in Minneapolis. That is why we are going to blizzards and wide-outs.
  4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I love guys who think like you do. That is awesome, I'll be watching this one. Oh, how wide can you make it and drive down the road angled?
  5. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Dear God don't start the "How wide can the plow be angled/straight maximum width & how do you actually measure the plow transport width".:)
  6. VanceTrendov

Its going to be 10 feet when i am done with it I think it will be 8 feet 11 inches at angle. In Minnesota you can get an yearly permit for a 10 foot plow.

You dont need a permit if you can keep it at or under 8 feet 6 inches.

Also I have 7 trucks total (Most are Ford Superdutys F-250s F-350s 1999-2004)

1. 8 foot Meyer
    2. 8.5 foot Hiniker
    3. 8 foot Meyer
    4. 8.5 Fisher V
    5. 9 foot Fisher
    6. 8.6 Western V (oldschool cable)
    7. 10 foot (soon to be)

I am only making a 10 foot blade because its what I need for the size of the truck. Also the truck is a backup truck, and might do some of my large parking lots.

This is not a contest to see how wide I can get I have a 8611 sitting in my garage, if i wanted to it could put that on and sag the front end of the truck. This is getting a plow larger enough for the truck. I mean its a crew cab, long box, dually. I mean if it was a SRW, or if it wasnt a crew cab i wouldn't have this problem.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008