1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Custom 1 ton leaf spring pack for 85 dually

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mountaindew5011, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mountaindew5011

mountaindew5011 Member

:mechanic::mechanic:i have the 85 dually 1 ton, the rear springs are sasgging so i was thinking since i work at a junk yard here in akron, ohio i could chop up a FEW VARIETY OF TRUCKS SPRING PACKS and make a thick set for the rear and just buy some longer center pins and i already have 16inch u-bolts lol...... im trying to avoid the whole block lift i have seen bad things happen to blocks when wheelin in the woods.:mechanic::mechanic:
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bump up

you can do that but be careful how you do it !try to make the leaves match the arch as close as possible with a little upwards arch .make them just a little bit longer than the leaf below
    were your putting it ,and not to long were they interfere with the shackles and clip straps holding the springs together and not fanning out .:waving:
  3. mountaindew5011

mountaindew5011 Member

yea gona tear up some suburban 3/4 ton and dodge 1500 spring pack tomorow at work and sneak out the back door. lol trucks gona b hangin a lil low at the junkyard when i leave....
  4. pennsylvaniaboy

pennsylvaniaboy Junior Member

just did this with my f250...combined an f350 pack and the 250 pack....love it