1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtiss cab heater

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by nosnownogo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

may be i can get some info here possibly a drawing or installation instructions for the curtiss tuck away hot water heater , .My tractor is a jd 2320 My problem is what to do in the summer ,when i don't require the heat . There is a valve (flow control , bypass ???) mounted on the plumbing from the engine block. If i close this valve will i stop flow in the block and overheat the motor of just not circulate to the heater .

2. zztarg

zztarg Member

3. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

thank you zztarg for the response i have contacted curtiss on their site before about product info
    catalog and no response .I guess they only respond to business inquires !!!

4. zztarg

zztarg Member

I'll be swinging by their outlet in Worcester tomorrow or Tuesday - if you give me a model number / serial number I'll see if I can grab a diagram and scan it for you.

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I've got one I installed on my New Holland 2120 a few years ago. I shut off the valve in the summer.

6. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

type of heater

the model is 9PH20S8 Tuck-Away Hot Water Heater - 20,000 BTU MEGA BURNER

thank you for the help

7. zztarg

zztarg Member

I checked with the outlet - they don't have a manual, but they suggested e-mailing tech support on the Curtis website to get a copy of the instructions that ship with the unit.

Sorry.

8. kmclawn

kmclawn Junior Member

I had a JD 770 with a Curtis cab and heater. Shutting off the valve on the motor won't hurt the engine. It is only a second loop for the water to flow and won't effect the temp of the engine. I also have a JD F932 front mower with a heater and just shut off the flow valve in the summer time. I do remove the cab from the F932 in the summer so it really wouldn't hurt if I circulated the water through the heater.

9. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

heater

thank you zzztarg i will try tech help again