1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Yellow?....hmmm well I tried it

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowPro93, Dec 1, 2008.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I finished up on the minute mount and decided why not hit the curtis with some yellow...after all it's not even as close as reliable as the fishers so why not try and paint it yellow to maybe bring me some luck. Yes, i know the light is crooked...

before.jpg

after.jpg

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I think it looks pretty awesome. I was thinking about painting my fisher red....maybe next year.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like Goldpro will be sending someone a pm tonight about their Curtis !:nod:

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol please, if he kept up on it it would be reliable.

5. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I keep up on it the blade was the only thing I haven't taken care of due to having 5 other plow blades to try and paint,etc.. There are many design flaws on the older curtis's when they first came out with the hitch n' run system. Come on putting the plug down by the hitch is dumb. The hide-a-way hydro system is in a bad spot, and i say that simply because the cross member smashes the crap out of the hydro cover and if water somehow gets in the hydro's and freezes...well self explanatory. there just not as reliable as the fisher plows. Don't get me wrong the curtis is a "good" plow just not great. I like the attack angle of the blade, the hydros are quick, the hitch n' run is easy to hook up and you can push float and it stays in float.(w/ the door mount joystick) So, Goldpro don't get me wrong I like my curtis plow, I just prefer the Fishers...