1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Wiring Questions

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by cjcocn, Jan 12, 2008.

1. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Hello all

Just finishing up my install on my Snow Pro 3000.

I have the plow mount installed and am just about to tackle the wiring.

The schematic for the wiring mentions a fused 10 amp black power wire - can anyone offer any advice as to which truck wire I can tap into for power? My truck is an '00 F250 PSD

Also, I read the schematic as telling me to mount the solenoid near the battery and run the wires from plow harness to solenoid to battery. Is this correct?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes you ground the plow to the neg terminal on your battery.
    The pos lead from your plow goes to the solenoid then to the poss terminal on the battery.

If this lead is for the controller then find a fuse that is controlled by the ignition switch. If not you maybe able to hook it up to your battery if it has an in-line fuse already installed..
  3. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Couldn't get into a heated building until today, but managed to finish up the wiring and plowed a path into one of my fields as a test run. Plow works 100%.

Thanks for the help, SnoFarmer!
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hey Chris

How does it work?

5. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

It works kinda like this .... :cool:

Thanks for working with me on this deal, Jay. It wasn't a simple matter to get this plow to Canada and I sure do appreciate your patience throughout the whole process.

I kinda wish that this site had a Trader Rating. If it did, you would get a big plus on this one!

.... For the record, I bought this plow from Jay and although it is a used plow you would never know it from the work that Jay put into it. It was sandblasted, painted, and came with all of the mounts and wiring that I needed to install it. If I was to see this plow on someone else's truck tomorrow I would swear that it was a brand new unit.

Thanks Jay!
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Well Chris I'm glad it all worked out for you, I hope you have good luck and many years of service with it.