1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis v-plow

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by fordboy, Dec 20, 2006.

1. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

ANy one running the Ucrtis v-plow, if so how do you like it. I am torn between this and a boss v-plow

2. SnoShark

SnoShark Junior Member

Curtis V Plow

I purchased the Curtis V-Plow, however it has yet to snow here. So I can't give you a fair report on how well it works or doesn't. I can tell you that I also looked at the Boss V-plow which was about $450.00 more that Curtis. I live close to the Curtis Factory and Service Center, so that in it's self was the number factor in purchasing with Curtis. I was impressed with the Boss product, especially the poly-V. Good Luck

3. pjw

pjw Junior Member

Curtis V

I have a 94 f-350 with one of curtis`s first Vs. It`s been a very good plow. I live in central NY state, we usally get around 115-125" a season. Keep any plow washed, waxed, serviced and stored inside and they will last a long, long time. My V is 5 or 6 yrs old, works just find. Good luck....Happy plowing...payup

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I've only seen them on their site and they look really well-built. Maybe someone who owns one will chime in and offer some real-world feedback.

5. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

How is the tripping action with the full-moldboard trip design?

6. pjw

pjw Junior Member

The tripping action is find, nothing will trip well or at all in the scoop postion. V & straight blade operation it works well. Very well built plow, not as tall as the Boss. I belive its 28" tall, the Boss plows are 30". Its easy to hook & unhook & I`ve never had any elec. or hydro. problems. It operates as fast as any other plow out there. In the years that`ve been using it, it`s never let me down......Real - World feed back...lol...Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007