1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis spreader

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by suspended11, Dec 2, 2008.

1. suspended11

suspended11 Junior Member

I just purchased a Curtis spreader today. It will be installed into the bed of my 2007 GMC 2500 HD. Is there anything I should ask them to do. This is my first spreader. I don't remember the model number but it it the steel not stainless. And also can anyone give me some insight on taking care of this unit. I understand it needs to be washed out after each use. Some pointers would be great. Thank You

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i would fluid film it from top to bottom especially any corners, places were two peices of metal meet, any exposed metal like the bearing blocks and the electrical connections and seliniods

i wouldnt wash it between uses its better to leave it dry

i put a rubber flap in the front where the chain enters the box to help keep the salt from running out into the truck box

3. suspended11

suspended11 Junior Member

Thanx for the info. Have you had good luck with yours. mine was just installed today.

4. cretebaby

Very good luck:drinkup:

5. Mcouture13

Mcouture13 Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    My name is Michael Couture and I wanted to offer you some support from Torwel (Curtis is no longer selling their spreaders, and Torwel has actually been manufacturing them for 10 years now) and will continue to build, and supply parts and spreaders, but, now with the Torwel name.

I work for Torwel Industries, and wanted to offer you some contact information for you if you ever have any questions or concerns you may have, parts you may need, etc...

Torwel has been manufacturing spreaders for over 50 years, and we have a strong heritage as well as our commitment to a superior product backed by the best customer service in the business without all that corporate runaround.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to contact me directly,
    Sincerely,

Mike Couture

Sales Consultant, Snow & Ice Division
    Torwel Industries, a division of Sanweld Industries, Inc.
    19 Industrial Park Road East,
    Oxford, MA 01540
    mcouture13@me.com
    P: 800.225.9415
    F: 508.987.8580
    www.torwel.com

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  6. cretebaby

That is good to know. :nod:

7. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

Suspended, How do you like your sander? Im in the market for my first sander as well and wanted to know what made you go w/ curtis? Did u fix the choke problem as well?

8. Mcouture13

Mcouture13 Junior Member

Hello Stonewall,
    I posted a few weeks back, and tried to get the word out about Torwel salt & sand spreaders. We've been manufacturing our own spreaders for 50 years now, and Curtis for 10, and unfortunately for Curtis, business has slowed enough for them, so they gave up the sander line and we will be taking good care of all their customers from here on. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Sincerely,
    Michael Couture
    Torwel Industries
    800-225-9415
    508-987-8580

9. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

Michael,

Thanks for your response. Today I went into the curtis factory store in worcester and looked at the 1.7cu. yd. SS sander with the Honda motor. Im pretty much sold and knowing that they are open during storms is a big plus for me. Now just trying to get the price down. Thanks for all your help!

Dan

10. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

11. cretebaby

12. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

thx Crete. i did some poking around the internet. It is a good deal. and i think ill shoot them an email to look at it tomorrow.

13. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

How much did you end up paying? Do you have any pics of it? Thinking of a curtis myself but not stainless so i'm kinda iffy about that...