1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Snowplows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alwaysgreen, Nov 29, 2002.

1. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

Has anyone used a Curtis plow manufactured by the Curtis Tractor Cab Company ?
    A dealer in my area sent me flyer and the price looks real good,just want some feedback.
    Don't want to find myself out in the snow with a peice of crap!:confused: :confused:
  2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Havent seen too many of there plows in use but i know they are a dependable company from the tractor cabs that they produce.

3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

4. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I have one. It is the 7 ½ ft model. I run it on a 2000 F250 for residential accounts (I know... the 250 can and probably should have a bigger plow, but this works well for me). I have had it 2+ years now. And while they were pretty quiet snow years, It has treated me well. Let me kow if you have any specific questions and I'll see if I can answer them for you.
  5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ALWAYS.......My bud has a 8 ft curtiss on his Dodge
    2500. Bought used 2 yrs ago. He reports it works
    fine and has had no problems......He uses it to plow
    out his rental properties only.........He does love my
    Ultramount tho....How easy it hooks up ! Especially
    when he gets hung up in a bank and needs a yank
    or a cup o' coffee! Just make sure you have a dealer
    close to you..just in case ya need spare parts !
  6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I think the only downfall to the Curtis is the lack of a dealer network. Once that grows, they will be all set. They make a very strong plow. I personally watched the hook up process, and it is (was) very simple. This was 2 years ago, and I know they have even made improvements since then.

I recently saw one at a local Chevy dealer in North NJ. That was the first time I ever saw a non Western or Meyer plow at a dealer.

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've seen the Curtis plow set up at a local fair. I thought it looked like a pretty good unit. Not as good as my Fisher, of course, though:p .

Can't remember how it hooked up, exactly, but seems that it was pretty easy.
  8. Icefisher

Icefisher Junior Member
    from Pa

Just bought a Curtis snow-pro 2000 7.5 used. I needed
    an Undercarrage kit for my truck Curtis (mfg) was out of the
    mount that I needed.Gave me phone #'s of dealers who may have what I was looking for, since dealer support is bad here in Pittsburgh.There is two dealers within 45 min of me but dont stock many parts (unknown to me at the time)they also Faxed
    me the blueprints for the mounting kit cuz I told them that I'm
    a welder but the shop (railcar)I work at relly isnt set up to fab the
    mount (18 pages of prints) found the mount in Mich and on the way now. The guy at Curtis really bent over backwards for me
    hope that rubs off on the two dealers in my area.
  9. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

Had an 8` Curtis for 2 years and it`s reliable under severe work. Draw-back has been I forget to plug the holes in A frame while storing and the damned mice get in there and chew harness. The motor aslembly removes fairly easy to service.
  10. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

Dealer is not a problem a Truck spring and welding shop I do business with just became a Dealer, they always treat me well on other work .
    Just sent off a fax to them for a quote on a 9' for my F450
    Thanks again for the help.