1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis snowplows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BPMDAN, Feb 24, 2006.

BPMDAN Junior Member

What do you think about Curtis snowplows? Let me Know.
  2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I like them.

Seriously what kind of question is that? You need to be less general.
  3. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

v plows and wings look cool, but nothin beats a straight blade fisher, tried and true
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I myself am sold on WESTERN plows... The ultramount system is fantasic IMO. Blizzard plows are great as well is you do large open lots, a power plow might be a worthwhile investment!
  5. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

i own 2 power plows and they arent all they are cracked up to be. awsome in open lots but hit a manhole and a curb and things are bound to break. trust me, the wings need alot of improvemnet

BPMDAN Junior Member

i love the curtis hitch and run system i have it down to well under a min for hooking up. not too impressed with the full trip plow but oh well, probably gonna look into th efisher for next year.

BPMDAN Junior Member

no Curtis forum

how come no curtis forum?
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

work for a company last year with atleast 7 curtis plows and they loved them
  9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I love mine, the only reason im going to be getting a boss is because the closest dealer is over an 90mins each way.
  10. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Mark curtis informed me i had the first curtis plow installed in the northeast. A series 2000, installed in the summer of 1996. That was a great plow, 7 trouble free seasons, i sold the truck & plow together 3 years ago. I do like curtis plows, however, i now use another brand.
  11. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

they scrape incredibly well......over time they need touch up welds and the paint could be a little better, but the hook up, and how well they scrape really make them stand out.
  12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Im lovein mine i will take the pepsi challenge aganist fisher anyday