1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Curtis Snowplows (The Big Orange) Any comments?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sweetpete, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey Guys:

I noticed that of all the plows out there that people are talking about, nobody has said anything about the Curtis'. Any reasons? Anyone pushing with one?

A dealer nearby swears by them and has given me the comparison between other plows and the Curtis....and he pointed out some really nice features regarding strength and durability. So, if you have any thoughts or comments, let me know.

I'm really fortunate to have found such a good group of people to bounce things off of.:redbounce :redbounce :bluebounc

Thanks for your input.
  2. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Curtis Plow

I'm probably not much help, but I did just buy a 9' Curtis for my 96' Dodge Ram Diesel. I got a wicked good deal on it!!! 2 years old, needed an edge for $750!!! One thing i did notice different about the Curtis, was that once mounted it's pretty tight up against the truck. Which is probably good when trying to park in a lot or just plowing with a little more control.
  3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

i almost bought(v-plow) one,it looked like a nice unit untill i ran the controls.it was soooo slowwww.good thing there was a Boss dealer in the next booth at the fair.the Boss hydraulics are so much faster.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I ran a snow pro3000 from Curtis for 2 years, just sold the truck in the spring. My new truck has a BOSS only because the closest Curtis Dealer is 30 miles away. When I need service I need it now, and the Boss Dealer is right around the corner from my house. Curtis is a great plow, love the mounting system. The weak point is the wiring harness that connects at the bumper, it can not make good contact sometimes. It is a pretty quick plow.

Good Luck Mike
  5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Curtis Plow

Hi have my curtis plow for one year now. It has work well last season. The plug hook up to the bumber could be a better design. I like the easy on and off of the plow from the truck.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

just bought a 8ft in september i had my wiring harness put through a diffrent place its fast and simple i like it
  7. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Here's how I rate equipment:

Start at the dealer closest to your location and then work out from there. Almost all of the equipment available has it's +s and -s. Most problems I have experienced have been in the first few weeks of use. If you do have warranty issues or need repairs, it's alot easier closer to home.

One of my subs has a Curtis V and has had minimal problems with it.