1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis snow pro 3000 lift issue

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by matt418235, Nov 19, 2010.

1. matt418235

matt418235 Junior Member

ford diesel tech here. the dealership got a f250 traded in has a curtis snow pro 3000. plow will only lift about 3-4 inches off the ground and that is all. tried taking the valves out and cleaning still no good. fluid is full and the pump continues to run but just seems that the pump runs out of fluid but it is full. need some help here never had a curtis apart i am a meyer guy and that is all i have the privalige to work on before.

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Stupid question but did you try moving a couple of chain links up to shorten it?

3. matt418235

matt418235 Junior Member

yes i did it will then pick the plow up a bit further but not much. also when that is done it starts to leak down as well. i tried moving the lift solenoid and the jack solenoid and still nothing different.it goes side to side fine but it just wont pick the plow up as far as it shoud. if somebody works the joystick and another person lifts up on the plow it will then go up all the way and starts to leak down very slowly.

4. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Were dose it leak from. It sound like the lift solenoid and coil are shoot.

5. matt418235

matt418235 Junior Member

i can not see any external leaks any where. when i said it leaks down i mean that the cylinder is creeping down witht the weight of the plow on it. if you put the plow up it will creep down to the ground with in a couple of minutes

6. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I dot have any exp. with that plow but I have heard from others that sometimes if moisture gets in with the fluid it will cause problems. Try a little isopropyl in with the fluid. only like a cap full

7. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

The situation you have is a Drifting Rod. This is usually caused by bad seals on the ram or even a check valve. I suggest getting the manual off of curtis' site and and looking through the schematic. With you being a tech it should be an easy fix if you can read diagrams.

Its just wiser to do a fluid change, whats the cost $20. It cost me $25 to do mine and that was with a filter change.

8. matt418235

matt418235 Junior Member

ok thanks guys i will have to look on the curtis site for a repair manual. i was looking there before and didnt really see anything that was of any help but i will look again. please keep the advice coming though has been a great help