1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

curtis snow plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Dec 10, 2004.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

might get another truck and a real good deal on curtis plow does anyone have and major problems with this i have some reservations about it rather then the trad meyers western or fisher

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Boss,

I might get another truck and a real good deal on Curtis plow. Has anyone had any major problems with this plow? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

In relation to the topic, my dad had one before he switched to western. He liked it in general but he didn't like the hook/unhook method so he got rid of it.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Plowman I love mine haved it for two years and its a great plow. Very easy to hook up and take off.

Regards Mike

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

From what I have seen and read about them, they seem to be a well made units and worthy being one of the better brands out there too! :waving:

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

hey boss your real funny not

8. cbsuperduty

cbsuperduty Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have one. Although I haven't got to plow with it yet. It is super easy to hook and unhook. It is really pretty well made. I have some relation that used to put them on. There are two things to look out for if buying a used one. Check the fuild resivor. They origionally came with a plastic one and later updated to a metal one. You can replace it for around $90.00 (I think). The other thing to check is for cracks around the circular peice of metal (where the stops are to stop the angle). If they are cracked he indicated that you can reweld them and then weld some thick metal to the outside. I know others that have been using these plow and have yet to talk to anyone that didn't like them.

:cool:

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we have 3 of them. we love them. hook up easy, scrape awesome and do a great job. all of ours are 9 footers and so far have been super. there are a ton of curtis's on trucks around here and i think they are now becoming a big player. i also really like their joystick control.

10. J J Landscaping

J J Landscaping Junior Member

Thanks To All

Thanks to everyone that put up posts on curtis-sno-pro 300. Know one said anything bad. It helped me a lot to deside on one i looked at. Thanks Again - Jim - J J Landscaping - Enfield, CT

11. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

whered you look at them? hallmark in tire in glastonbury is where we buy all ours through......go check em out